Go Green Policy
What is Green IT:
"Green IT" refers to the idea that Ministry of Manpower can and should implant practices
that are environment friendly. The increased attention to green IT has resulted
from a number of factors, including: rising energy costs, increased publicity regarding
global warming, and increased legislation. This brief examines the drivers of green
IT initiatives and provides case examples of how organizations have made more environmentally
Ministry of Manpower and Green IT:
Ministry of Manpower plans for implementing Green IT initiatives, through the following
- Implement the Electronic citizens and foreigners Records and eliminate their physical
- Transform the Ministry of Manpower manual procedures to electronic processes via
- Usage of emails instead of the paper correspondence, and advise the employee not
to print the emails unless it is needed.
- Electronically archive all documents, citizens and foreigners physical files wherever
- Improve utilization of IT equipment.
- Reduce overall electricity consumption.
Electronic Data Management System
In August 2001, the Ministry of Manpower implement and Electronic Data Management
System. Archiving Department at the ministry scans and keeps records of all the
documents and these electronic formats are used for further correspondence with
other departments or other governmental entities or companies.
National Manpower Registration System
In the year 2001, the Ministry of Manpower implemented national manpower registration system.
The eService for Manpower Registration has various impacts and Benefits on the environment as follows:
- Improve in the process of jobseeker registration with Ministry of Manpower.
- Reduce the paper work required in processing the applications.
- Reduce the paper correspondence with candidates to notify about vacancies in various organizations.