Arab Labour Organization
Arab Labor Organization was founded after the accession of some Arab countries to the International Labor Organization and participation in conferences and various activities. After meetings that held between the Ministers of Labor and the Arab delegations participating in the International Labor Conference beginning of the session (43) of the International Labor Conference in 1959 of positive results in both the Arab and international levels, in establishing the entity in the scope of the Arab Group of the International Labor Organization. The emergence of the idea of holding a regular basis for the work of Arab Ministers for consultation in all matters of Arab States in the areas of work and workers, has resulted in meetings between the heads of Arab delegations participating in the conferences of the International Labor to the idea of the establishment of the Arab Labor Organization.
Arab Labour Organization was setup after feeling the importance of the Arab Ministers of Labor and the presence of an independent Arab entity to defend the issues of work and the participation of representatives of Arab workers, employers and workers alongside Arab Governments, to be expressive representation of the will of the three production parties, in accordance with the formula adopted in the International Labor Organization.
Iraq has taken the lead in extending a formal invitation to the Arab governments to convene the first Conference of Ministers of Arab action during the period from 6-12/1/1965 in order to debate and consultation to develop the rules and foundations for the establishment of the Arab Labor Organization.
During the first conference held in Baghdad in the presence of representatives of the (13) Arab countries (Algeria - Tunisia - Algeria - Saudi Arabia - Sudan - Syria - Iraq - Kuwait - Lebanon - Libya - Egypt - Morocco - Yemen), which resulted in the approval of the establishment of the Arab Labor Organization.
And the adoption of the Charter of the Arab and the International Labor Organization's decision No. (1) - the first session of 12/1/1965, was approved by the Arab League to endorse all of the Charter and the Constitution by Resolution No. 2102 / d 43 c 2 to the Constitution and the Charter on 3-21 / 1965, which has been endorsed (12) Arab state over a period of five years, where he was to bring the matter to the Fifth Conference of Ministers of Arab action, which was held in Cairo during the period from 5-8/1/1970, which was approved by Resolution No. (97) by the Arab Labor Organization , was the first session of the Arab Labor Conference in Cairo during the period of the previous 29/3-5/4/1971 m meeting of the tripartite committee composition (Governments - employers - workers) during the period (23-25/3/1971 m) projects to study the rules and regulations prior to submission to the Conference, and now all the Arab countries are now members of the organization.
The objectives of the Arab Labor Organization
ALO is helping all the member nations based on national conditions to promote the work and living conditions of the Arab labor force, development and rehabilitation and training, protection and care, through the employment of all available means and methods of the adoption of best performance in cooperation and coordination of the joint Arab effort for the three production parties, and organized a series of activities in order to achieve the objectives of:
Objectives Of ALO
- Coordination of efforts in the field of employment in the Arab and international conferences.
- Development and maintenance of the rights and freedoms of association.
- the unification of labor legislation and working conditions in the Arab countries as possible, including the preparation of a manual classification of professionals.
- to undertake studies and research in the area of manpower planning and employment of women, juveniles, and problems related to industry, trade and services, agriculture, industrial and security industries and micro-culture and classification of labor, cooperatives and professional productivity.
- to provide technical assistance in the field of employment, and a plan for the social security system, vocational training and the preparation of the dictionary of the Arab action.
- Development of Arab human resources through programs and activities of manpower planning and the fight against unemployment, and to create employment opportunities for women, and to facilitate the movement of Arab labor and attention to the situation of Arab workers, migrants.
Oman's accession to the Arab Labor Organization and participation in events
Emphasis on the policy of the Government of the Sultanate of Oman to the strengthening of relations in the international arena, especially the Arab, regional, and given the high profile of the Sultanate of Oman in international forums has joined the Sultanate to the Arab Labor Organization as a specialized organization of the League of Arab States, the embodiment of the fraternal relations with the sisterly Arab countries in the area of work and workers, in order to participate effectively in the formulation of labor policy and the adoption of strategies of Arab nationalism in the area of labor and workers in the service of economic and social development issues in the Arab world.
Sultanate of Oman participated after its accession to the Arab Labor Organization in all sessions of the Conference of Arab action and has contributed positively in the discussion and examination of reports and the development of Arab action.
Has emerged clearly the role of the Sultanate of Oman through the posts in the meetings of the conferences and participate in various committees, and was one of the most important achievements of the Sultanate after the accession to the organization as follows:
Important achievements of the Sultanate
- were selected to represent the Sultanate in a genuine member of the Governing Council during the period (March 1998 - March 2000) a representative of the government sector.
- The Sultanate has been nominated as member of the Board of Finance genuine representatives of Governments and the alternate member representative of employers during the period (March 2001 - March 2002).
- have been selected to represent the Sultanate as a genuine government of the Governing Council during the period (March 2002 - March 2004).
- The Sultanate has been selected to represent the employers in the financial control during the Council session (March - 2002 - March 2004).
- Sultanate participated in a range of activities undertaken by the Arab Labor Office and the institutes of training since the accession of Oman to the organization, the ministry also hired a group of experts to hold seminars in the country specializing in the area of operation and care unions and the inspection, the ministry has benefited from the program of technical cooperation which WHO is providing to Member States.
The Arab Labor Organization of the specialized organizations of the League of Arab States, and contribute to the Government of the Sultanate of Oman in the annual budget of the Organization of $ per (1%) in the budget as the contribution for the fiscal year 2004 of $ (32,500 U.S. dollars), said that membership in the Sultanate this organization and the role they play through their participation in the conference and benefit from their experience in the field of research and studies, seminars and workforce development programs and an emphasis on the position of the Sultanate in the unity of Arab ranks requires the continuity of government in the organization, especially if the work of the General Conference had recently taken a series of decisions to improve and develop the work of the organization to be more useful-effective joint Arab action and contribute to the promotion of Arab unity in the crucial issues of the Arab nation in the world of work.