- Labour sector profile
- Inspection Dept.
- Occupational Health & Safety Dept.
- Dispute Settlement Dept.
- trade Union's Department
- Labourer's Welfare
- DG of Employment
- Minimum Salary
- Forbidden Lorry Drivers
Home > Labour Sector >
Laborers' Welfare Department
Laborers' Welfare Department
- Implementing the ministry’s plans , policies and programs in laborers` welfare and
- Developing social services offered to laborers by the private sector establishments
and expanding their scope and monitoring the private sector’s application of the
provisions of the Omani labor law and the pertinent regulations and decisions and
systems relating to laborers services.
- Preparing programmes of the endorsed laborers` awareness plan to acquaint laborers
and employers with the provisions of the labor law and the executive regulations
and decisions pertaining to laborers welfare and holding courses and workshops.
- Preparing and issuing awareness bulletins and pamphlets to distribute them to employers
and laborers in coordination with the concerned authorities.
- Preparing and holding audio-visual media programmes relating to the national labor
force welfare, in coordination with the concerned authorities.
- Cooperating with other labor departments in detecting negative phenomena among laborers
, finding the causes and reaching appropriate solutions to such negative phenomena,
within the framework of the Omani labor law.
- Participating in the preparation of periodical reports about the ministry’s achievements
Goals of laborers' welfare department:
- Ensuring good and stable work relations between laborers and employers.
- Enhancing production and the growth of the national economy.
- Raising awareness with laborers services offered by the private sector to Omani
- Imparting legal knowledge and awareness among employers and laborers.
- Listening to the complaints of laborers and employers and attempting to settles
disputes which arise between them.
- Ensuring that employees of the private sector comply with the regulations of the
articles of associations of the companies in which they work , through guidance
and continued awareness campaigns.
Laborers' welfare services:
Social services offered to laborers:
- Endeavoring to develop the social services offered to laborers by companies and
- Monitoring the application of the provisions of the Omani labor law and the regulations
relating to the services provided to laborers such as medical care, nutrition and
housing and attempting to establish new laborers` services in coordination with
the concerned public and private establishments.
- Holding sports and cultural contests among laborers.
- Studying the psychological and social phenomena resulting from work.
- Participating in studying some negative phenomena among laborers and reviewing their
causes and proposing appropriate means to overcome them.
Laborers' awareness activities:
- Preparing plans to raise awareness among employers and laborers with the provisions
of the Omani labor law.
- Holding seminars and workshop to highlight the labor and laborers topics and educate
employers and laborers.
- Preparing TV and radio programmes on the labor and laborers affairs.
- Highlighting the activities conducted by the ministry, through the holding of exhibitions
and conferences and the publishing of awareness bulletins.