Within the context of the efforts being exerted to shift to the e-government, which aims at streamlining the services rendered to the public, the Ministry of Manpower announces the start of applying the experimental stage of the labor desertion as from 14/12/2016, through the electronic services portal of the Ministry`s website (www.manpower.gov.om). The mandatory application of the aforesaid system shall be as follows:
• 1/1/2017- Governorate of Muscat.
• 1/2/2017 – Governorates of ( Musandam- Al-Buraimi – Al-Dhahirah- Al-Dakhiliyah – Northern Batinah – Southern Batinah- Northern Sharqiyah – Southern Sharqiyah –Wusta – Dhofar).
The labor desertion services comprise the following:
- Submit the labor desertion request and pay the air ticket fare electronically.
- Submit the labor desertion cancellation request.
- Submit the request for recovery of the air ticket value.
- Follow up labor desertion requests.
+ For non-Omani manpower
- Receive notifications on labor desertion registration by the employer, through SMS and their own email addresses.
- Enquire about registered labor desertions and the details.
- Submit a grievance request.
The Ministry also urges employers and employees of the private sector to update data of their mobile phone numbers and mail and e-mail addresses, through the single sign-on portal of the website: (sso.manpower.gov.om), to ensure that they receive notifications.
For further details on the new services procedures, please review the user manual at the Ministry`s website, through the employers services portal and the manpower portal.